Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Story.

In efforts to spur my creativity and get myself back out there in writing, I'm going to participate in a May blog challenge. I have received 31 prompts, one for each day, and will be posting accordingly! I'm so excited for this! At the bottom of each post, I've linked to the inspiration for this blog challenge. Take some time to check out Story of my Life!

Day 1: My life in 250 words


My family via the 1990's (I'm in blue)
I was always the little girl with the big imagination. I spent my childhood in the Oregon countryside, making up stories and taking care of my pet chickens. I always loved school, inspired by reading the most. I enjoyed the work and reaped the benefits. I spent my free time playing soccer or lacrosse and practicing ballet. I mastered the chocolate chip cookie and sought the challenge of more advanced baking.


As I went into college, more terrified then I had ever been, I struggled to find my voice, my existence in the new world I had around me. I spent my first two years in school confused and lost in the theatre world but finally found my footing in journalism. College was a thrilling time. I did things I would never thought I’d do, met people who changed my life and faced many hardships as I transformed into an adult.

How a few years out of college, I’m on an amazing adventure with my long-term boyfriend, Jake, as we move across the country each year for his job. I’ve lived in some normal sounding places that in turn have shown me the complexity of human nature and American (and Canadian!) cultures.

Our next journey takes us from beautiful Toronto, Ontario to Fayetteville, Arkansas. I’m excited to see what happens to us next!



1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of this challenge. I'm going to check it out...I need to get back into a groove of blogging...last month was choppy. But, I was busy and maybe needed a break.

    I wish we could sit down over coffee. It would be fun to talk and share life stories, lessons learned, etc. I think we would have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete