Tuesday, July 23, 2013

25 before 25

There are 12 days until my 25th birthday. Holy Swiss f-ing cheese, Batman. Where did my life go?!

I've been reading a lot of "25 before 25" blogs lately, trying to be inspired by what some people have accomplished before they turned 25. I started getting disheartened because I haven't accomplished those things, or those types of things. But I have done some pretty righteous things in my 25 years. I thought, as a tribute selfishly to myself, I would share some things that I've done in my life that I think are pretty cool, as well as a few things that I want to accomplish before I'm 30:



1. Had a leading role in a play.

2. Before I'm 30: I want to pay off my student loans.

3. Got accepted to college and even graduated! (Even after changing majors halfway through!)

4. Moved away from home, out of my comfort zone, to experience life somewhere else. (Actually a few places, Connecticut, Toronto, Arkansas!)

5. Before I'm 30: I want to figure out my career path.

6. Volunteered with middle schoolers, teaching them how to have healthy relationships...which was the hardest 6 months of my life.

7. Been bungee jumping! Not off a bridge but it still counts because it was terrifying!

8. Learned to cook without looking at a recipe! That was a big one for me...coming from the family that I come from!

9. Before I'm 30: I want to take a road trip across the United States.

10. Lost 20 pounds...maybe haven't kept it off but I did it once!

11. Made it through countless heartbreak, just to be a better person on the other side.

12. Before I'm 30: I want to take a dance class.

13. Seen my favorite musical on stage...three times! I saw Wicked on San Fran when I was 17 (paid for it myself!) then saw it again TWICE in Portland.

14. Been to New York, which has been a lifetime dream of mine.

15. Changed someone's life, whether I like to admit it was through a shitty relationship or not. I seemed to be the catalyst in some gentlemen's lives that helped them get their shit together.

16. Found the love of my life.

17. Before I'm 30: I want to get married.

18. Before I'm 30: I want to travel to Europe.

19. Had an article published for reals. 

20. Lived in a foreign country (Canada...still counts!) 

21. Before I'm 30: I want to save $10,000 (which amounts to saving $5.50 per day for 5 years)

22. Run 5k without stopping. 

23. Before I'm 30: I want to come to terms with my body.

24. Rescued a dog: my baby Chasey, rescued her from a Winco parking lot! 

25. Before I'm 30: I want to learn to sew and make an outfit for myself. 

I think it's a pretty interesting list. I'm up for the challenge! 

1 comment:

  1. i don't think you get to look back from the vantage point of 25 years and weigh accomplishments or lack thereof....you've barely begun for heaven's sake. You still have the luxury of looking ahead without circumspection, dreaming big dreams and not entertaining any thoughts of boundaries or barriers. So if there's a list of things not done then they all still have the word YET right after them...........get on with it. There's plenty of time!!

    And that is a pretty long list of good stuff, btw, already done :)

    ReplyDelete