Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Last 7 Questions!

Note: This will be my last 7 Questions post! New ideas are a-brewin. See below for explaination!
A big THANK YOU to Gentri Lee for making all these 7 Question posts possible!

Jake and I last year on Halloween. It snowed!!


1. Do you believe in ghosts?
You bet I do! I'm a spiratual person, not so much religious, but I def think there are some tortured souls in the world...of the ghost variety...I also believe in aliens.

2. Do you prefer the cute or the scary Halloween?
In reference to Halloween movies, I prefer scary. Cute Halloween movies are just silly ;)
I reference to Halloween costumes, I would probably say...neither? I love Halloween but I have such a hard tiem dressing up in the stereotypical girl wear (coughcough skanky coughcough) so Halloween is hard for me.
3. How old were you when you stopped trick or treating?
Honestly, I only went Trick or Treating a couple times as a kid, that I can remember. I think I stopped in middle school. Is that a normal time?

4. Do you have any fun Halloween traditions?
I love, LOVE carving pumpkins. I also love Halloween baking. I think my favorite tradition would be watching scary movies or going somewhere festive, like a pumpkin patch. However, I am not a fan of haunted things....I like being scared in my living room, not in haunted houses, corn mazes or pumpkin patches.

5. Share a scary local urban legend.
Okay this isn't a local urban legend to where I am right now (Toronto) but this is a ghost story that I personally experienced when I was a teenage:
I did a lot fo community theater in Canby, OR, which is a small farming town a few miles south of my hometown. The summer group always grew close and we'd have regular sleep overs at a particular house way out in the country (I'm talking WAY OUT). It was always fun, candy, movies, trampolining, staying up late, etc. And the house was so old, the mom told stories of ghost sighting. No joke, guys.
One particular sleep over, I was sleeping with about 7 other people in the living room, while other people were sleeping in various bedrooms and den's. I distinctly remember waking up at one point in the night hearing a woman singing. It wasn't too loud, I couldn't make out words, but there was absolutely a voice coming down the stairs. I remember pluggin my ears and willing myseld back to sleep because I was scared. The next morning, I asked literally everyone if they'd heard it too or if anyone was singing or had a TV on in the night. One person said they heard singing too but thought it was a TV but nobody had left the TV on. I was SO CREEPED OUT. To this day. I had some creepy experiences in that house...

6. Would you rather be haunted or haunting?
After soem great thought, I think I'd rather be haunted because I 'd want to be able to help the ghost settle whatever it is that they have to settle. While, haunting would mean that I was a lost soul that couldn't rest. But I'm not denying that haunted wouldn't be crazy scary.

7. What's your favorite Halloween character/ creature? (dracula, witch, ghost, etc)
Ghosts. By far. Ghosts and anything old. I love it. Witches are cool too.
Okay you guys, this is my last 7 Questions. The blog that I get these from (Gentri Lee) feels as though her blog is growing in a different direction and I support her! So in that case, I think I'm going to take my blog in a different direction as well. It may be a few weeks for me to get my idea off the ground, but it should be fun! I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, I'll fill Wednesday's with awesome, random things...like I usually do.
Thanks for following 7 Question Wednesdays!

1 comment: