First I'd like to say that this week has completely blown my mind. It passed so quickly, right?! It's Thursday?! Where did Wednesday go? *Phew*
This week, I spent a lot of time on Reddit. It's a site that I've been trying to get into because I feel it's where you can find the most interesting articles. I'm still new to Reddit and sometimes don't understand how to fully use it, but I came across this discussion and thought it'd be cool t share with you lovely people.
What is something that takes under 5 minutes that I could do every single day, and my life would be significantly better for it?
1. Cleaning: One reader suggested cleaning for 5 minutes every day. This would promote a hosue that is almost always clean, without the stress and drama of waiting till the last minute before having people over or falling behind.
I think this is a great idea that people should do anyway. I know I feel much more relaxed when I have a clean apartment. Everything in it's place makes me feel good. But a good point is brought up: Whie a clean house is a good thing, in the end, all you have is a clean house. How does that significantly alter your life?
2. Push Ups: Multiple people got sidetracked on watching videos and sharing workout tips but the point was that if you do 5 minutes of push ups each night before bed, you'll significantly change your appearance. This may be true, but how many people can actually do push ups for 5 mintues? I can barely do one push up...not one minute of push ups, but just one, singluar push up.
|How cute is he??|
3. Word of the Day Calender: Spend 5 minutes each day studying a different word to expand your vocabulary.
I think this is a cool idea! I think we all need some new words every now and then. My only problem is that I can never remember what yesterday's work was! Maybe if I spent 5 minutes on it, I would remember. Hmm...
4. Do Kegels: If you don't know what a Kegel is...look it up, I'm not explaining it to you. I guess if you're a man you can do them too?
I honestly, after I finish giggling, think this is a great idea!!! An imporved sex life can siginificantly alter anyone life! You could also say that you're giving back to the community...
5. Reflect: Spend 5 minutse a day reflecting, on either your life or your day or your week, whichever chunk of time you decide. Save your thoughts in a journal, Google Doc or scap papers in a box. Years down the line, you can look back to remember the little things you'd forgotten.
I friggin love this idea. I think I need to journal more. I used to be so good at it! I guess you could say this blog is a form of journaling, but I don't post all of my feeligns in here by any means. I think personally, this would be a great way for me to keep up on my writing and my journaling.
6. Read Out Loud: Practicing reading outloud sounds silly, but there are many people who have a problem reading outloud. And I am one of them. I'm a crazy fast reader in my brain but I stammer sometiems when I read outloud. And I can't read numbers to save my LIFE.
All of these are great ideas for something to do each day for 5 minutes. I would probably add spend 5 minutes reading the news, because you can never be too informed! I would also add spending 5 minutes to wildly dance, mainly because it makes me smile and gets a lot of stress off my sholders.
Do you have any suggestions? What are you thoughts?