DAY EIGHT: MY GOALS FOR THE MONTH.
As you may know by now, I'm moving to Toronto with Jacob next month.
The exact date is still...up in the air...
We're basically waiting for his Visa to go through, etc.
We know for sure it's not the 1st of the month,
so we're hoping at least by the 15th.
But who knows.
Anyway, I have a few goals for myself the first month up there!!
1. Make two friends: I want to make a friend base up there this time. Yes, I know people down here in New Haven but I never got close to anyone.
And I regret that.
2. Take a cooking class: These are expensive, however, and since I may not be able to work up there right away, I'll need to savor my money. But we'll see :)
3. Seriously start to build my writing portfolio: This means volunteer writing and making many inquiries about writing positions. I need to start pushing for this.
4. Forget my social fears: Since making friends is hard for me, I really want to just let it all go and be myself, and see who that attracts. Making friends is almost harding then meeting guys haha
5. Be positive: I know the next month or two will be difficult for me, being in a city where I know nobody again, potentially being unemployed and alone (Jake may be getting the night shift...boo..) so I need to remember to stay positive or it'll be hell.
Does anyone have any tips on how I can work on these goals??
What's your favorite way to meet new people?
How do you stay positive?