Monday, October 8, 2012

Canadian Thanksgiving.

Today is Thanksgiving here in Toronto. It's weird to be cooking a turkey before Halloween. It's also weird to be thinking about Christmas before Halloween (I usually decorate for Christmas after Thanksgiving, but not this year!) But this year, I am thankful for a lot. 

Cute.
This year has been a roller coaster, I think almost more so than last year. Well, maybe a different roller coaster.

First, I am thankful for Jacob. I'm thankful that he's stubborn and didn't give up on me before we started dating. I'm thankful that he believes in me almost more then I believe in myself. I'm thankful that he supports me, in all sense of the word. And I'm thankful to be spending another year with such a great guy.

Second, I'm thankful for my family, despite the distance and only seeing them once a year, they are always there for me. I'm thankful that I get to visit home again and that they are as excited as me! I'm thankful for the person they have helped me become.

Third, I am thankful for finally having a job. It was really stressful there for a moment but I am feeling a lot better about my situation. I'm taking steps towards my career, finally.

I need to remember how good I have it. I have a loving boyfriend, a loving family and a nice home. I'm not starving or poor or lonely. Each day we should be thankful for what we have. I know I am.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Now I'm off to put a giant turkey in the oven for 10 people. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed on my calendar that tomorrow is Thanksgiving (now today) in Canada. What are Canadians thankful for? I mean, the American Thanksgiving goes back to the Pilgrims being thankful. Is there something like that for the Canadians?

    -Kirsten
    mylifetintedpink.blogspot.com

    p.s. I bet it is weird having it at the beginning of October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving? Are you going to be a true American and celebrate again in November?

    ReplyDelete