Monday, February 25, 2013

Daily-O Paleo

So today Jacob and I are joining the Whole30/Paleo craze. For us, it's more then a craze, however. We both want to start feeling better about ourself and start feeling better in general. We both are decent at eating well and I'm good at going to the gym but something isn't working so we're seeking help.

The book we are using as a guide.
I'm actually really excited about this. I know it's going to be tough and I'll have bad days but I'm excited for the challenge. I think it'll give me the push I need. 

We're going grocery shopping for it today. Over the weekend, we bought a bunch of awesome kitchen organizers so we're fully prepared and tossed out/donated the food that isn't part of our new life. Let's just say our shelves are pretty freaking bare!

And lucky you, you get to read all about it! I'm going to post once a week the foods I ate and how I feel. I think it'll be a good check and balance system for me, ya know? And if anyone has tried this or lives this way already, any pointers and suggestions are welcome!

I've also decided it's a good time to set some goals for this time:

-Enhance my positive attitude: I have a hard time being positive, I know that. But I'm doing everything I can to keep this in a positive light. Instead of saying I "can't" have bread, I say to myself that I "won't" or that I "choose" not to have bread. "Can't" is such a negative word.

-Feel better: I think I've been blessed to inherit some family food allergies. I'm hoping that with Paleo that I'll be able to start to physically feel better, not just look better.

-Connect/bond with Jacob: While we have a pretty awesome and solid relationship already, I see no harm in deepening that connection and getting to a new level. And I know something like this, a life change, will bring us closer together. I think it will strengthen our support for each other.

-Raise self esteem: Yes, loosing weight is at the top of my "How to feel better about yourself" guide but I think if my body starts to feel better combined with my jeans feeling a little less tight, that'll help me raise my self esteem.

Ultimately, I'm in this to support myself, support my man and start to feel better. Wish me luck!

My new motto!

No comments:

Post a Comment