Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Catch Up!

It has been such a whirlwind lately.
But I've been making a lot of progress, too!
Lets play a little catch up then I'll fill you in
on my agenda for the next few weeks!

This past weekend was Jacob's birthday.
I surprised him with a trip back to Ohio to visit all his
friends and to see a music show!
Here are a few Instagrams from the weekend!

Sake Cosmo at Birthday Sushi.
Yummy!

Crowd Surf.

Concert: Mac Miller and Skrillex.

Waffle House.

1950's Jacob.

Our Breakfast.

Thursday Dinner.

Ain't he cute!?

Leaving Roosevelt Friday.

It was such a great weekend. 
So many good times with great people!
I didn't want to leave!!

Now we're getting back to real life and planning our next big move to Toronto!
I'm so excited but so scared that I won't find a job! Eek!
Positive thoughts, right??

On another note, I'm really excited for all the things I have planned for the rest of the month!
I've taken to planning out my posts, it helps me stay on task and organized :)
Plus, since I'm a list freak...

The end of the month launches my new series that I like to call:
Dinner With Alicew.
In this series, I'll take time to research, explore and attempt to make a different cultural food each month.
The purpose you ask?
To better understand why those people eat what they eat.
What physical attribute allowed them to eat certain spices and not others.
What historical events happened that changed their food systems.
And so on.
It all happened because I was eating Indian food and was wondering why Indian foods are a lot of spices and sauces.
Each post will have three parts:
1. History on the culture.
2. Eating Out: eating the foods professionally made.
3. Homemade: attempting to make a dish at home.

I'm pretty excited about it :)
Other upcoming posts include:
Big Hair Day.
What I'm Reading: Blogs.
Weird Movies.
My Fave Bike Accessories.
And more!

Let me know if there's something you'd like to see,
or a culture who's food you'd like to know more about,
and I'll add it to my calender!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!


3 comments:

  1. all that food looks too good. looks like a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. Your new series sounds great, and so does big hair day! I'm following you on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Quite the pan for the blog! Excited! I like the food posts that will be coming.

    http://thelilacdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete