Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Women's Rights.

There's been something on my mind for the past few months. Not at the forefront of my mind but still there, lurking in the dark. It's the topic of women's rights . 

In wake of Todd Akin's comments on Sunday, the War on Women has been all over the Internet. And as it should be. Why aren't women everywhere upset by this? Why isn't there a national outcry? I don't care if your Democrat, Republican, Independent, alien, young, old, gay or straight. Why aren't we outraged that men are trying to make these decisions for us?

I know I'm ridiculously upset about it. This year, politically, is a really big year. It seems that the big issue is health care, especially abortion and contraception. In wake of Todd Akin's remarks this weekend about rape, abortion and the female body's ability to end pregnancy (what are we in a science fiction movie?!), I'm asking my female readers to educate themselves because this is our year, ladies. Don't let a man make these decisions for you. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so closed off from media and tv that I hadn't heard about this till now. I love how that guy thinks we can just wish away or welcome pregnancy. Thanks for educating!

    ReplyDelete