Monday, June 25, 2012

30 Days: Day Nine

I know I said I needed a dat to catch up...
but here's nine of thirty!

DAY NINE: WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU ARE PROUD OF?

Me and Jacob were talking about this all weekend.
Well, in a round about way.
As you can tell from my previous posts about self confidence etc I have a hard time being all supportive and proud of myself.
I recognize that I've done something good, but I have a hard time being like
"You know, I'm damn good at what I do..." And etc.

But weirdly, when I read this question, I knew exactly what I was proud of.
I have taken a huge step in my life and I've taken it away from anything familiar, anything comfortable.
When I got on the plane in Portland, Oregon with my one way ticket to New Haven, Connecticut I knew there was no going back.
I always wanted to travel, to move away from home, to be able to say,
"I tried that," "I lived there," "I've seen that!"



Yes, it's been one of the hardest things I've ever done.
But I am proud of the fact that I am working through the hard parts, pushing to make every day better, to make a connection and experience new things, to be uncomfortable and learn from it, to see everything I want to see, to visit the places I've only dreamed of.
I did it, you guys.
I'm making this life what I want it to be.

For that, I am proud.








3 comments:

  1. umm, yes you should be proud! that takes a whole love of guts & courage ... I have always said this as well. and here I am, still stuck in kansas city. :) but, I think now it truly is where I want to be.
    I for one am definitely proud of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reasons you should be proud? Don't get me started..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I am so happy that you've enjoyed travelling. I have always wanted to live away from Toronto to also experience something new but the opportunity has not yet presented itself. We will see what the future holds!

    Bola

    ReplyDelete