Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Trouble with Moving.

Oh my gracious, it's been so long since I blogged!!! Thanks for letting me take a break, however, I needed to get this whole moving thing in order!

As you may know, last week I moved from New Haven, Connecticut to Toronto, Ontario. It was a long week. Sorting, piling, cleaning, packing. While it was a stressful time, I def had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad moment amidst all the moving.

Uh oh.

As you can tell, this is going to be a story about my dishwasher.

It was midnight on Tuesday. I had been working on moving all day and the day before. Jake and I were almost done with one room and the movers were coming in the morning. Everything had to be ready. 

As I moved into the kitchen to start sorting, I loaded the dishwasher, because all of the dishes needed to be clean for packing. After putting in the soap, I moved onto cleaning out the fridge.

I don't know how much time passed but I turned around and the floor was covered in bubbles. Turns out, I had put the wrong soap in the dishwasher. Now you've seen this is movies, many times, right?? I had no idea that putting the wrong soap in the dishwasher would turn out so bad!!

It took me about half an hour to get the dishwasher back to normal. I had to scoop out all of the bubbles, BY HAND, and run the dishwasher a few times with vinegar to get all the bubbles out. 

I was horribly upset and Jake thought it was terribly funny. I remember threatening him with, "Don't you f%$#ing tell anyone about it, I will KILL you." But I've come to terms with the moment. I was just tired and ready for bed and wanted all the moving to be done!

This was probably the second worst moment about moving...there were a few more....

Coming soon....

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I'm sure it was frustrating, but I've no doubt as you continue to tell this tale it will get funnier and funnier. Congrats on getting to Toronto!

    ReplyDelete